We're lucky to have so many wonderful courses here in the area...so get out this summer and hit the links!
Some quick facts about Long Island Golf:
- There are more than 140 public & private golf courses across LI
- Long Island has hosted 8 US Open Championships - 2 of which have been held at the Black Course
- Montauk Downs is considered one of America's top public courses
- Jones Beach has an 18-hole pitch and putt golf course
- The first golf tournament for women was held in 1895 on LI
Great Golf Courses To Visit In the Huntington/Five Harbors Area & Beyond:
photo courtesy of NYS Parks
- A public golf course featuring five 18-hole regulation golf courses including the renowned Black Course
- Address: 99 Quaker Meetinghouse Road, Farmingdale, NY 11735
photo courtesy of Crab Meadow Gold Course
- Beautiful North Shore golf courses with views of Long Island Sound. Town of Huntington provides discounted greens fees for residents with the purchase of a Huntington Town Golf Card.
- Address: 220 Waterside Road, Northport, NY 11768
photo courtesy of Dix Hills Park Golf Course
- Par 31 layout rolls through Dix Hills Park and is sure to please just about any level of golfer. Also enjoy a relaxing nine hole round with friends.
- Address: 575 Vanderbilt Pwky, Dix Hills, NY 11746
photo courtesy of Heartland Golf Park
- No time to play during the day, tee up at night at Long Island's only golf course with automatic tee-up system.
- Address: 1 Executive Drive, Edgewood, NY 11717
photo courtesy of Oyster Bay
- Situated on 121 acres, this 18-hole, par 70 championship golf course features narrow fairways, water holes, sand and grass bunkers as well as a putting green. Twilight Golf is available June 1 through September 5th, Tuesdays through Sundays.
Need To Improve Your Golf Game?
photo courtesy of Golf & Body
- Head on over to Golf & Body for one-on-one physical, golf lessons and simulators, junior golf winter programs and message therapy.
- 52 Wall Street, Huntington, NY 11743
Looking for a Golf Camp for your children and teens?
- Town of Huntington Summer Camps- the Town of Huntington runs eight different summer full day camps and eight half day programs. The programs run in different settings and offer a variety of different types of camps including ones for golf typically held at Dix Hills Park (pages 71-74)